What's ThreadJack ?
ThreadJack is a platform-independent C++ class library which supports JavaTM-like multi-thread programming model.
Is ThreadJack an Open Source software ?
Not exactly. The source code is free for non-commercial or evaluation use. But for commercial use, you should be licensed.
What's the design goal of ThreadJack?
The followings are the design goals of ThreadJack1.0.
- Supports the Multi-thread model adopted by JavaTM's Thread class, Obejct class, and 'synchornized' keyword. And also supports other frequently used classes in multi-thread programming such as Queue, Semaphore, RWLock, and etc.
- Provides parallel counterpart of JavaTM's Event model, Observer/Observable model in C++.
- Provides support for C++-proper problems such as memory allocation with the model.
- Utilizes C++-proper features such as templates, mutiple inheritance, standard library(including STL), and const keyword with the model.
- Has an architecture which makes it easy to port this library to any platforms. Expected platforms are unix international thread, p-thread, Win32 thread and vxworks' task.
- Efficiency. Accesses directly to native thread libraries.
What platforms are supported ?
What's the ThreadJack's roadmap ?
- 1999 spring - version 1.0 release
- 1999 summer - Win32 thread support
- 1999 winter - IO package including TCP/IP
How are errors and exceptions handled in ThreadJack?
ThreadJack itself doesn't throw exceptions, but throws exceptions such as bad_alloc which standard libraries throw. You may want to use compiler's exception handling options to control this behavior.
Give me some example code fragments!
How can I use ThreadJack for my commercial development ?
You should make a commercial license agreement with "Eiwa System Management, Inc." to use in a commercial development. No paper, CD-ROM or floppy media is delivered. Only materials from the web site is available. Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How much is ThreadJack ?
It is free for non-commercial or evaluation use. For commercial use, you should be licensed. The license fee is 198,000 yen(Japan Currency) for one project and one platform. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
All contents Copyright(C) 1999 Eiwa System Management, Inc. All rights reserved.