Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:19:23 +0900
From:  Yutaka Kamite <y-kamite@....jp>
Subject:  [XP-jp:01033] [FYI] David の Ruby 本
To:  extremeprogramming-jp@....jp (extremeprogramming-jp ML)

上手です。ご参考までに。

 The Pragmatic Programmer の David Thomas and Andrew Hunt が
Rubyの本を出すようです。

Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide

David Thomas and Andrew Hunt

Use Ruby and you'll write better code, be more productive, and
enjoy programming more.

"I love it. Conceptually it is really clean, and sweet."
--Kent Beck, author of Extreme Programming Explained, on the Ruby
language

Kent Beck に推薦させるとは、さすが!
XP本家でも知名度が上がって来ているんでしょうか。

以下、予告編のキワメツキの部分です。
As Pragmatic Programmers we've tried many, many languages in our search
for tools to make our lives easier, for tools to help us do our jobs
better. Until now, though, we'd always been frustrated by the languages
we were using.
多くの、実に多くの言語を試して見たが、どれにも失望した。

・・・・
When we discovered Ruby, we realized that we'd found what we'd been looking
for. More than any other language with which we have worked, Ruby stays
out of your way. You can concentrate on solving the problem at hand,
instead of struggling with compiler and language issues. That's how it
can help you become a better programmer: by giving you the chance to
spend your time creating solutions for your users, not for the compiler.

Rubyを発見した時、探していたものを見付けたことに気が付いた。

以下、ruby-list 9/28 の記事より転載です。
---------------------------------------
Dave and Andyの「Programming Ruby」の宣伝、